Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fairy Tales Aren't Just For Taylor Swift

Ahh, the fairy tale. This is such a wonderful, forgotten concept that many people, besides children and Taylor Swift, seem to overlook because they are "too old". I wish it didn't have to be this way. We live in a world of "what is the point of stories that aren't even true" where we stuff Santa Clause and Mickey Mouse into a box in the crevices of our mind to decompose by their lonesome because we ought to make room for "reality". This is sad. These are the creatures who shaped and molded our little minds to perceive the world in the happiest ways possible. I find that at the root of my desires, is a fairy tale in "grown-up" form waiting for me. Think about it. We all want sucess. Who ended up with the sucess in the end of all these stories? The hero/heroine of the fairy tale. We all want love. Who ended up with love in the end? The hero/heroine of the fairy tale. We all want happiness. Who lived hapily ever after? You guessed it. I wish I could sit down and be hypnotized and be put into a place where I was little again, where fairy tales are prominate, and "world" is just a word Mom refers to. But I guess that is what books are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment