Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vanishing Magic

 I wish it was easy to "become as children", so many problems would be solved. The days when the mailbox was a ride-up ATM, where my neighbor's sparkly lawn rocks were rare, expensive gems and when the only boy who needed me was Beary the berry colored Teddy-bear. Why was it so much easier back then? I was thinking to myself today, "What would happen if I were to see the world through lenses of my little self? Would life be easier? Would it make things more clear?" This is going to be my project for the upcoming week. And you know what? I bet it is going to be like a mini vacation. Boys won't matter, money won't matter, life should be pretty much black and white. I am going to watch a couple Disney movies, eat a bunch of macaroni and cheese with little hot dog pieces, but most of all, I am going to embrace the magic that we all forget is here - the magic that we, for some reason, think we are no longer entitled to. Maybe Christopher Robin will bring Pooh Bear along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment